warning icon
YOUR BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE!

This website uses the latest web technologies so it requires an up-to-date, fast browser!
Please try Firefox or Chrome!

The small group of intrepid pilgrims arrived at Pluscarden Abbey on 12th July after their 800 mile trek from Prinknash Abbey in Gloucestershire. The walk was undertaken to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the arrival in 1948 of monks from Prinknash to begin the restoration of Pluscarden after it had lain in ruins for several centuries.
They received a very warm welcome from the abbey’s monks, as well as family, friends and fellow pilgrims from the epic 1230 pilgrimage from Burgundy last year. Bailey was even joined on the last day by last year’s hero Rinnes and they were able to compare “doggy” notes.
Abbot Anselm was presented with a piece of stone which was carried all the way from the abbey at Prinknash. This will join the stone carried from the original abbey in Burgundy last year, in place of honour in the new South Range building.
After greeting and congratulating, all were invited by the monks to a celebratory feast in the abbey cloisters to hear tales of the trek which was achieved in only 39 days.

loading
×